Custom kitchen islands are the best solution to maximize storage capacity and increase cooking efficiency. The islands can also serve as an informal dining area where your family can enjoy breakfast while you prepare and pack lunches.
According to a survey conducted by National Association of Home Builders, 70% of house hunters want a kitchen island. 50% of them considered it as a ‘requirement.’ Based on the presented statistics, a kitchen island is a valuable addition to a home. If you’re looking to put your home on the real estate market, a custom kitchen island is an excellent investment.
Classic Custom Cabinetry has compiled reasons why you need to hire a local woodworker to design and built you a custom kitchen island that you, your guests and family would love.
Reasons Why You Need Custom Kitchen Islands
- Every home is unique. The functions of your kitchen island might serve a different purpose from your neighbors. For some, it is a kitchen accessory for added storage. For others, it acts as an extra table for dining. For whatever purpose you use your kitchen island, we recommend having it customized so that it will be built based on your family’s lifestyle and needs.
- While kitchen islands add storage, having them customized can increase their efficiency. Instead of having ordinary shelvings, pullouts, and drawers, a custom kitchen island can design in a small chiller below for storing your favorite wines and spirits. A pullout trash bin is also a good option especially if you’re using the island in food preparation.
- A custom-built island can enable you to choose the type and quality of material. If you are using a marble or a granite countertop, you have the ability to select which material and design to use on an island. A customized kitchen island paired with beautiful custom cabinetry is a sound investment that can potentially increase your home’s resale value by up to 20%.
- If you want to do something unconventional that is ideal for entertaining guests, it is possible to have a gas range installed in your kitchen island! Some families also install double sinks into their kitchen island. Although it may sound unconventional for some, other families enjoy this design efficiency.
- Make it multi-level. If you want to tuck in sinks or gas ranges, you can custom design a kitchen island that is multi-level. It can serve a dual function where your family and guests can dine without getting distracted when someone prepares food in front of them.
Stated above are only a few out of the many reasons why one should consider having a custom kitchen island designed for their home. If you’re planning to remodel your kitchen soon and are looking for a local custom cabinet maker in Nashville, you can count on us! Call us at 615-244-6094 or use our contact form to schedule a complimentary consultation for your custom kitchen island.