When it comes to cabinet cleaning, you might be wondering the most efficient techniques to keep your cabinetry pristine and clean. White kitchen cabinets need extra care and extra hours to clean them but never fear! We came up with a list of tips on the best ways to clean white cabinetry.
Tips for White Cabinet Cleaning and Maintenance
- If you find your white cabinet starting to stain or turn yellow, the main culprit is sunlight exposure. Wood exposed to sunlight can wear out painted wood color. The best advice every contractor and interior designer can give is to apply window treatments such as blinds to protect your cabinetry from sunlight.
- Not every kitchen can have a kitchen island, but if you do, we suggest to take advantage of the area and make all cooking preparations there. This way, you can limit the spread of spills onto the white cabinets, and you’ll just have to make an extra effort in cleaning the cabinetry in one area.
- Don’t forget to turn on your exhaust fan while cooking. When frying, boiling and broiling food, some particles are exhausted in the air. To prevent grease and these minute food particles from sticking to your white cabinets, make sure to use your exhaust fan.
- We know it’s a daunting task to do after preparing your food, but if you want to keep your kitchen cabinets white, you have to clean the cooktop, countertop, backsplash and surrounding cabinetry. Would you not want grease to accumulate on your cabinets or do you?
- Liquid soaps may carry a chemical that can be harmful to your cabinets. A good cleaning solution to use is a mixture of vinegar, baking soda, and warm water can be an alternative.
- Make sure not to use abrasive pads that can scratch or damage the beauty of your cabinets. Use a soft cotton cloth dampened with a cleaning solution to clean grease and dirt.
- Keep it clean and uncluttered for an organized look.
Not everyone is a fan of white kitchen cabinets as they know the struggle of cabinet cleaning. However, whether you choose a white or dark painted cabinets, they still need to be cleaned. We hope these tips gave you an idea on how to maintain and keep your kitchen cabinets white, clean and looking pristine!
For cabinet building or kitchen remodeling, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 615-244-6094 or contact us through our web form.